We want your Job Fair Day to be successful!
This Page is for –testing–only!
Please use the Practice chat room below to practice logging in at least once. The room below looks identical to your actual Employer room.
Please have each person practice — before– week of the event! Some companies have strict firewalls. We want to have adequate time to help!
HOW TO LOG-IN TO A CHAT ROOM
The Practice Chat room is at the very bottom.
3 EASY STEPS:
#1 Enter First + Last Name- Recruiter (or Rep)
Ex. John Smith-Recruiter (or) John S.-Recruiter
#2 Choose One: Flash or Java or Mobile
#3 Click “Connect” to Enter a Chat Room
TIP: If you no longer see chat log-in area:
Refresh Browser (CTRL F-5)
TIP: Most Browsers use JAVA or FLASH! If not, try MOBILE/HTML.
OTHER SOFTWARE TIPS:
- ‘OPTIONS’ (top menu bar):
- Can edit sounds, notifications, color, etc.
Log out when done testing. Close browser.
- TO LOG OUT/EXIT:
- Click ‘ACTION’ (top menu area) click ‘Log out/Exit’
- Practice typing and using the settings in the chat room. You may see other companies testing as well.
#1: *Google Chrome Users* — Do not Choose JAVA
- Please choose Flash or Mobile/HTML instead.
- To use JAVA, use another Browser program – not Chrome
- Will receive Plug-in Error when using Chrome + JAVA
#2: JAVA ERROR: ” Sorry your browser is not Java enabled”
- Easiest Solution is to Choose Flash instead.
- If you must use JAVA, here is HELP LINK TO ENABLE and choose any browser –except– Chrome.
BE SURE TO READ THE ADDITIONAL LOG-IN TIPS FOUND BELOW THE CHAT ROOM!
Choosing Flash vs. JAVA
- FLASH: Seems to work best and is often the most compatible with the system and is most efficient for typing in chats on most desktops we found. You maybe be prompted to update. Check if need update
- JAVA: Java does work fine for many systems.
- Java and Chrome – Plug In-Error:
- Refresh and Choose ‘FLASH’