We are excited that you registered for our October, 6th 2016 Online Job Fair!
–Each– job fair attendee is responsible to test their own PC/system (before Oct 6th) using the instructions below. We want your job fair day experience to be successful!
**NOTE: DEMO LINK BELOW IS ONLY FOR TESTING PURPOSES**
The official Job Fair Link and instructions will be sent to you by email on Wed. Oct 5th (Later evening)
INSTRUCTIONS TO TEST YOUR SYSTEM:
The demo test site is to help you become comfortable with chat software before Oct. 6th!. Please use these steps #1-5 to test the device/system you will use during the fair.
Please use the KnowledgeBase link below to read about your own system ‘before’ contacting our staff for tech assistance!
PRACTICE TEST USING STEPS 1-5:
1). Click this DEMO TEST LINK: (FOR TESTING PURPOSES ONLY):
TEST LINK: http://www.parachat.com/demo/
2). Click ‘Chat Now General Chat Room’
(3rd option down near middle of page)
3). TYPE USER NAME: FIRST + LAST
(Example: John Smith) – do not have to use last name. Can abbreviate.
4). Choose one of these options: “Flash” or “JAVA” or “Mobile”
— Use the test site to see which option works best for your system —
(see tips below)
5). Then, CLICK “CONNECT” button
- You can play around once inside the demo room. This is how the chat windows will look on the Job Fair Day.
- This is just a ‘test’ site and is also a public testing site.
- Others may be testing. Please be respectful.
- You can come back anytime to practice here.
- You will NOT use the Test site link on October 6th
NOTE: Every PC/system is different! You can use this demo to play with all 3 options. Find what works best for your system! You can log out and back in again more than once to see which option works for you!
JOB FAIR SOFTWARE TIPS:
- FLASH: Seems to work best and is most compatible with the system and is most efficient for typing in chats with most desktops we found. You maybe be prompted to update. Check if need update
- JAVA: Java does work fine for many systems. If you decide to use Java, simply check your java version prior to log-in. To see if Java is working on your system
- Java Log-in Error: “Your browser is NOT JAVA Enabled”:
- Simply, refresh and Choose ‘FLASH’
- SPECIAL NOTE: We recommend using a PC or laptop for the Job Fair. It maybe be difficult to navigate the chat rooms pages on smaller cell phone screens. MOBILE/HTML: Must use for Tablets or JAWS. Ipad/Iphone help
- *NEW UPDATE*: If for some reason JAVA or Flash are being blocked by your firewall and you are unable to update them, choose “Mobile/HTML” to attend.
- NOTE: The Mobile version is a very basic form of the software and it will not have as many settings, but it will allow you to attend.
OTHER SOFTWARE TIPS:
- ‘OPTIONS’ (top menu bar):
- Can edit sounds, notifications, color, etc.
Log out when done testing. Close browser.
- TO LOG OUT/EXIT:
- Click “ACTION” (top menu area) click “Log out/Exit”
- Do not stay logged into this chat. Other users will also be using this to test.
COPY/PASTE IN Parachat:
COMMON ERROR MESSAGES:
JAWS Software questions for Deaf:
–-Mobile Video Tutorial: (JAWS, Tablets, mobile device)
JAVA Video Tutorials:
Java Installer Help: https://service.parachat.com/knowledgebase/28/Java-InstallorSet-Up-Help
Older Browser/Java versions:
Step #1: Go to the Knowledge Base first @
-Click on the appropriate browser or device/system folder to read solutions/tips. This is each job seeker’s responsibility!
Please only contact our staff for technical assistance –after– you have visited the knowledge base website and read all information related to your specific system. Most common technical issues are listed there and can be resolved!
If after reading the KnowledgeBase above you still have issues, please email Lori @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subject line: Job Fair Practice Issue
We look forward to having you!
WHO WE ARE:
If you receive SSDI/SSI disability, you might also qualify for our free job placement help! APPLY NOW