Customer Service Representative – (MEO-526B)
This project offers the opportunity to take calls in a scripted environment for a wide variety of businesses you may have seen on the internet, TV or heard on the radio. Products & services ranging from exercise equipment, kitchen appliances, cosmetics, entertainment products (CD & DVD Collections), vacuums, and free information regarding insurance and legal representation.
We are seeking individuals that are sales minded, possess exceptional customer service skills and have the ability to read scripts verbatim. Hours of operation for this line group are 24/7 with our highest needs being on the weekends. (Primarily Saturday)
We have a 15 hour minimum weekly requirement during our peak season (November and December) that allows our agents to ensure call quality, product awareness and call fluency. These minimum requirements may be raised or lowered based on business needs with as much notice as reasonably feasible given business circumstances. Outside of peak season (January – October) agents can expect to work 5-10 hours per week and the more flexible you can be with your schedule, the better your opportunity to work even more.
Training pay rate is min wage per your local area. Pay rate for call taking will be at least minimum wage per your local area with opportunities for Premium Hourly Rates such as $9.00, $10.00, $11.00 and possibly more when business needs dictate. Employees average between minimum wage and $10.00 per hour.
Training will be either:
Wednesday October 9th and Thursday October 10th from 9am-3:30pm CST
Wednesday October 23rd and Thursday October 24th from 9am-3:30pm CST
Agents are responsible for receiving and processing various incoming phone calls for numerous clients in accordance with policies, procedures, quality standards, and federal laws and regulations. Additional responsibilities pertaining to call, and sales function are (but are not limited to):
- Receive and process incoming phone calls for clients, which includes obtaining, entering, and verifying customer information (e.g. names, addresses, credit card numbers, etc.), answering questions, resolving issues, providing customer service, adhering to scripts, and attempting to make up-sells.
- Ensure that calls are processed in strict adherence to established policies, procedures, and quality standards, as well as any federal laws and regulations.
- Successfully complete initial on-the-job training, as well as any new product or on-going training.
Applicants for this job will be expected to meet the following minimum qualifications:
- High school or GED required
- Minimum one-year customer service or sales experience required
- Must be 18 years or older
- Based on project candidate may be required to meet additional experience/skill requirements
- Must work a minimum of 20 hours per week; basic computer skills required to include navigation between application and internet sites
- Ability to pass required background checks
- Based on project, ability to pass required drug screening
- Based on project, candidate must score acceptably on job related testing assessments
- Ability to clearly communicate using a clear, distinct voice
- Bilingual in English and Spanish (or other language as defined) may be required for certain projects.
The job description documents the general nature and level of work but is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all activities, duties, and responsibilities required of job incumbents. Consequently, this company may be asked to perform other duties as required. Also note, that reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions outlined above.
*** The above job descriptions and listed requirements can often change based on current Employer need and new projects. Your assigned job counselor will provide you with the most up-to-date job information.
If you are a new applicant and not our current client, please fill out an application to start the process: Application