Commissioning Techician – (MEO-589K) *** on-site
Your Future. Built Smarter. This company is one of the largest design consulting firms in the U.S., is currently seeking a Commissioning Authority/Technician in our Phoenix, AZ office. With a global footprint of 40 offices and a deep bench of nearly 1,200 team members, we know the technical skills of our people is our product and we strive to build long-lasting client relationships through our guiding principles, expertise, and collaborative project approach.
As a Commissioning Authority/Technician, you will be responsible for:
- Managing commissioning projects as well as team coordination
- Performing engineering peer reviews of construction documents
- Performing technical analysis necessary to interpret building operation
- Communicating to a wide range of client stakeholders
- Working effectively as a team member
- Developing commissioning plans, reports, pre-functional and functional test procedures
- Performing jobsite observations and field testing
- Assisting with Functional Testing of systems
- Writing detailed field reports
- Assisting in the preparation of commissioning reports
Qualified candidates should possess the following skills, education, and experience:
- Undergraduate Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- 3+ years of professional work experience, preferably as a Commissioning Authority, or in the MEP consulting environment
- Knowledge of applicable codes, standards: CEC Title 24, ASHRAE, IECC 2012/2015, IMC, EMC
- Recognized Building Commissioning Certification preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, Outlook
- Strong oral and written skills and a proven ability to interact professionally with a wide a range of clients
- Solid understanding of HVAC and electrical system designs and operations
- Working knowledge of mechanical and building automation control systems
- Ability to troubleshoot of field devices and control hardware and software a plus
- Demonstrated ability to read and understand construction documents (mechanical, plumbing and electrical drawings, specifications, etc.)
- Proficient understanding of electrical and fire/life safety systems
- Knowledge of construction industry safety practices and procedures
- Ability to climb ladders and safely maneuver around construction sites.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time
This company is an employee owned corporation, is committed to investing in employees’ futures through structured programs including formal mentoring, opportunities for career advancement and professional development. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including generous PTO, flexible schedule, and assistance with tuition reimbursement. Additionally, employees are eligible to enroll in health, dental, vision, and life insurance on their first day of employment.
*** The above job descriptions and listed requirements can often change based on current Employer need and new projects. Your assigned job counselor will provide you with the most up-to-date job information.
If you are a new applicant and not our current client, please fill out an application to start the process: Application