Job Description Summary:
Under the supervision of the Billing/Benefits Manager, the benefits counselor provides accurate work incentives planning and assistance to SSDI and SSI beneficiaries; collaborates with SSA personnel and provides outreach activities that promote effective use of available work incentives to encourage successful employment outcomes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work Incentives Planning and Assistance:
- Provide accurate information about SSDI and SSI work incentives, including the Ticket to Work initiative.
- Provide ongoing, comprehensive work incentives monitoring and management assistance to SSDI and SSI beneficiaries.
- Maintain ongoing close contact with Social Security Administration personnel, Area Work Incentive Coordinators, and Work Incentive Liaisons.
- Maintain records regarding clients served per Social Security Administration requirements.
- Document specific client services provided, including confidential client data, contacts with clients, the Social Security Administration, support systems, and employment programs.
- Complete work plans, conduct regular reviews of client outcomes, and modify plans as needed.
Job and Skill Requirements:
- Previously demonstrated experience working in the field of employment services, working with persons from diverse backgrounds or persons with barriers to competitive employment.
- Basic math skills; deductive ability with analytical thinking and creative problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of community resources and demonstrated ability to utilize these resources effectively.
- Ability to interpret Federal, State, and local laws, regulations, and administrative codes on public benefits.
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to maintain documentation in a concise, accurate and timely fashion.
- Ability to set up adequate and efficient work area from home. Work at home experience preferred.
- Attend in-service training, staff meetings, and training.
- Perform other duties as directed.
- Benefits Counselor must be able to clear Social Security’s security screening requirements.
Job Type: Part-time
*** The above job descriptions and listed requirements can often change based on current Employer need and new projects. Your assigned job counselor will provide you with the most up-to-date job information.
For consideration for this position: submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org