Customer Service Representative – (MEO-592I)***onsite
This position is responsible for providing product and/or services information; resolving any emerging problems that our customer accounts might face with accuracy and efficiency. This position obtains and relays customer feedback. This position plays a fundamental role in achieving our customer satisfaction and revenue growth objectives.
KEY ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS
- Reports to supervisor or Officer.
- Works closely with customers and other departments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Open and close new accounts, account maintenance, open CDs, fund transfers.
- Opening and closing of customer deposit, safe box, debit card accounts.
- Maintenance of account information and forms and any necessary reporting.
- Manage a large volume of calls, answer inquiries, walk-ins.
- Generates sales leads.
- Make referrals to other bank services.
- Cross-sells bank products by answering inquires; informing customers of new services and product promotions; ascertaining customers’ needs; directing customers to a branch representative.
- Build sustainable relationships and trust with customer accounts through open and interactive communication.
- Assist customers with routine-related requests such as: fund transfers, automatic funds transfers (AFTs), stop payments, inquiries about bank deposit products and service charges. Inquiries about ATM and debit card usage and limits. Inquiries about checking and savings accounts transactions, and available funds, check verification requests by third parties.
- Maintain customer confidence and protects bank operations by keeping information confidential.
- Go the “extra mile” to build trust relationships, customer loyalty and satisfaction.
- Manage risk in every transaction and detect fraudulent transactions to prevent losses.
- Resolve customers’ issues and provide relevant information.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Provides exceptional customer services by responding to requests for service and assistance and identifying and resolving problems in a timely manner. Good people skills.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Attention to details.
- General math skills, basic PC knowledge and familiarity with electronic equipment, selling to customer needs, financial skills and documentation skills.
- Effective communication skills (speaking and listening), time management skills, and customer satisfaction-oriented.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required. 1-2 years’ experience preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the essential duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle or feel and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk, stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, and stoop. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the essential duties of this position, the employee is regularly exposed to a general office environment and interaction with customers. May have handle difficult situations when dealing with an upset customer.
The preceding position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position Customer service representatives respond to customer inquiries via telephone and face-to-face meetings.
Equal Opportunity Employer
*** The above job descriptions and listed requirements can often change based on current Employer need and new projects. Your assigned job counselor will provide you with the most up-to-date job information.
If you are a new applicant and not our current client, please fill out an application to start the process: Application