This position is responsible to generate new business by contacting potential customers as well as service an existing book of business. Responsibilities include providing and servicing insurance plans that match the needs of assigned or prospective customer’s portfolio. Meet potential and existing clients to gather or review information about their needs and coverage, match insurance policies to their needs and explain the options to customers.
KEY ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS
- Reports to Insurance Manager.
- Works closely with Insurance group team and customers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Actively and passionately seek insurance relationships with a focus on commercial, ag, home, auto and life. The primary focus for these types of insurance will be through cultivating relationships with area businesses, farmers, residents and other referral sources.
- Seek out new clients and develop clientele by networking, cold calling, and referrals and generate lists of prospective clients.
- Service existing book of business and review existing policies with clients on a regular basis and answer insurance related questions.
- Call on policyholder to deliver and explain policy, to analyze insurance program and suggest additions or changes.
- Customize insurance programs to suit individual customers, often coverage a variety of risks.
- Develop marketing strategies and promote all types of new insurance contracts or suggest additions/changes to existing ones.
- Ensure the policy requirements are fulfilled, including the completion of appropriate forms.
- Explain features, advantages and disadvantages of various policies to promote sale of insurance plans.
- Become proficient at utilizing our EZLynx system (management system) to be able to efficiently and effectively service clients.
- Inspect property, examining its general condition, type of construction, age and other characteristics, to decide if it is a good insurance risk.
- Interview prospective clients to obtain data about their needs, the physical condition of the person or property to be insured, and to discuss any existing coverage.
- Confer with clients to obtain and provide information when claims are made on a policy.
- Monitor insurance claims to ensure they are settled equitably for both the client and the insurer.
- Maintain records and handle policy renewals.
- Make sure policies stay current and make amendments to policy as life changes.
- Continually update job knowledge and learn about new products and services.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Product knowledge
- Prospecting Skills, motivation for sales, care for customer needs
- Excellent client relationship skills, friendly attitude
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- General math skills
- Ability to work in a goal oriented environment
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associate’s Degree; 3-5 years’ experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Personal and commercial lines insurance license required
- Working experience as an insurance agent or relevant experience
- Familiarity with all types of insurance plans (commercial, home, auto, ag, etc.)
- Basic computer knowledge and statistical analysis
- Ability to work with goals.
- Experience in delivering client-focused solutions and creating long-lasting relationships
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the essential duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, use hands and fingers to handle or feel and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, and stoop. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and rarely lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the essential duties of this position, the employee is regularly exposed to a general office environment and interaction with customers.
The preceding position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
*** The above job descriptions and listed requirements can often change based on current Employer need and new projects. Your assigned job counselor will provide you with the most up-to-date job information.
If you are a new applicant and not our current client, please fill out an application to start the process: Application
To apply for this job please visit www.myemploymentoptions.com.