Engineer, Database Reliability – (MEO – 674A)
We’re seeking a Database Reliability Engineer (DBRE) to join our team in the Americas! This company is on a mission to make everyone more productive at work through the power of automation. Over 3 million professionals already use this company to save more time, but there are millions more to reach.
As we continue to scale our product and grow our team, we’re looking for experienced Database-focused Engineers to be stewards of this company’s data services and technologies. We need Engineers who can help architect our overall data infrastructure landscape but aren’t afraid to get into the weeds to solve gnarly operational problems. You’ll help drive our best practices around automation, performance, reliability, and disaster recovery.
When bad things happen, you’ll have the support of your team to solve problems, unearth contributing causes, learn from failures, and build a more robust and resilient system for our customers. We look for the solutions that automate the problem away, not ones requiring manual effort.
You’re an experienced database technologist. You have at least 7 years of experience in systems administration, systems engineering, or software development, with at least 4 years of experience building and maintaining data services.
You know the cloud. You’ve designed and maintained highly available, cloud-based database systems in AWS or another cloud offering. We use tools like Postgres, MySQL, and Elastic.
You can code. You’re comfortable automating solutions and building tools that eliminate repetitive tasks. You’re not afraid to delve into application code to fix a bug or to launch a backend service to address a gap in our data management strategy.
You can solve complex systems challenges. You take ownership of difficult problems, understand how to improve performance, and help uncover opportunities for improvement. You’ve worked on issues where “just throw more hardware at it” isn’t enough for the system to scale.
You’re a great communicator. Not only do you know how to share your knowledge with the team and document things well so they can be consumed asynchronous (we do this a lot as a remote company), but you know how to communicate effectively with software and support teams.
You value our values. At this company, our values are at the heart of how we work together and how we think about our customers. In our remote setting, they help develop trust and ensure we work together and collaborate to democratize automation. You see how these values can empower meaningful work, you thrive in a collaborative setting, you are eager to continue growing, and you’re excited to be part of the team.
Things You’ll Do
- Identifying and implementing strategies to improve performance and resilience. Our application is continually growing and we need your help to keep scaling.
- Working with development teams to make architectural decisions about new services and new technologies.
- Designing solutions for storing our customers’ data across multiple systems, including RDS (MySQL & PostgreSQL), Elasticsearch, RabbitMQ, Memcache, Redis, and more.
- Optimizing AWS resources as code using Terraform to ensure high performance and resiliency.
- Monitoring use of our data layer and advising teams on how to use storage in a healthy and scalable way.
- Acting as a point of escalation for data-layer problems during production incidents.
Things We’ve Done Recently
- Performed large-scale migrations of ElasticSearch and Redis clusters
- Deploying ProxySQL for pooling connections against MySQL databases
- Rebuilt each of our RDS databases and RabbitMQ instances to provide greater security
*** The above job descriptions and listed requirements can often change based on current Employer need and new projects. Your assigned job counselor will provide you with the most up-to-date job information.
If you are a new applicant and not our current client, please fill out an application to start the process: Application
To apply for this job please visit www.myemploymentoptions.com.