- Monitor and adjust the full range of heating, cooling, ventilation, and refrigeration equipment by means of an energy management system.
- Perform hands-on work; write, modify, code, analyze, enhance and debug EMS computer control software programming.
- Train others in the use of controls software programming; set up, troubleshoot, repair, test and calibrate electronic components for EMS computer control.
- Troubleshoot, maintain, modify and repair heating, ventilating and air conditioning systems and equipment including DX (direct expansion) and hydronic systems.
- Troubleshoot, maintain, modify and repair fans and fan motors, pumps and pump motors, and pneumatic controls, safety controls, overcurrent and other equipment protection devices.
- Follows procedures, regulations, and guidelines while minimizing errors and safety risks
- Mounts compressor and condenser units uses hand and metalworking tools and welding equipment, follows blueprints or engineering specifications
- May install, repair and service air conditioners, ranging from 15 to 20 tons cooling capacity.
- Monitors and inspects heating and cooling systems to ensure continued proper operation.
- Investigates problems and performs repairs on various mechanical and electrical equipment or heating, cooling, and ventilation systems.
- Performs preventative maintenance on heating and cooling systems. Observes pressure and vacuum gauges and adjusts controls to ensure proper operation.
- Replaces defective breaker controls, thermostats, switches, fuses and electrical wiring to repair installed units.
- Tests units and connections for gas leaks, using gauges or soap-and-water solution. Assesses drain problems and performs any needed repairs.
*** The above job descriptions and listed requirements can often change based on current Employer need and new projects. Your assigned job counselor will provide you with the most up-to-date job information.
If you are a new applicant and not our current client, please fill out an application to start the process: Application