- Monitors and teaches employees with disabilities skills to help them succeed in their job. Supports employees by answering questions and providing direction to them throughout their work shift.
- Assists employees with arrival and departure to work; transportation; and assistance with learning the protocol and rules for the work site.
- Coaches and trains employees in managing their attendance, schedule, performance, interactions, and personal behavior.
- Assists Counselor, Human Resources or their direct supervisor in maintaining case files to include case notes, incident reports, health and safety risk assessments, time cards, employee evaluations, performance summaries, wage evaluations, work assessments and related paperwork on a daily basis as required by the company.
- Ensures the employee is working safely and maintains quality standards.
- Communicates with employees and supervisors to ensure that the employee and all relationships are successfully and positively maintained.
- Ensures correct procedures are followed when handling issues related to the employee’s behavior at work.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Denotes Essential Job Function
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- One or more years of experience working with people with disabilities preferred
- Trades knowledge including carpentry, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, locksmith etc. preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively and respond to questions and requests from team, customers and others
- Effective written communication skills using appropriate business English
- Human relations skills to maintain effective working relationships with team
- Effective customer service skills
- Intermediate computer literacy including knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software
- Basic mathematical ability including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
- Demonstrated customer service, problem-solving and common sense skills
- Valid driver’s license
- Fluency in American Sign Language (ASL) and/or Spanish Sign Language required
*** The above job descriptions and listed requirements can often change based on current Employer need and new projects. Your assigned job counselor will provide you with the most up-to-date job information.
If you are a new applicant and not our current client, please fill out an application to start the process: Application