We hire in 47 of the United States. We do not hire in Alaska, California or Hawaii. We also do not hire in Washington D.C. for Work At Home.
The Junior Helpdesk agent will be responsible for providing email support, follow-up duties, and ticket analysis that is technical in nature. The activities associated with this position include ticket identification, ticket prioritizations and updating aging reports. Additionally, the Junior Helpdesk Agent will log email incidents within a 15 minute metric, successfully assign all incidents to the appropriate group, and process all incoming email work order requests. Junior Helpdesk Agents will be calling customers back to ensure the problem has been resolved, and proper ticket closure is obtained. During the course of work the Junior Helpdesk Agent may encounter the need to use problem management databases and/or proprietary help desk systems.
This position is intended to be a training opportunity to provide experience which will allow the Junior Agent to move into a Full Agent role where they will be handing phone calls for the same contract.
Minimum Hiring Requirements:
- Prior to job training, a candidate must possess one of the following CompTIA certifications:
- A+ with ce
Net+ with ce
Security+ with ce
- Ability to become certified as a Microsoft Certified Professional – Win 7 Configuring (70-680) or Windows (98-349) certification, and CompTIA Security+ (SYO-401) within 6 months of hire.
- English language proficiency both spoken and written
- U.S. Citizen
- Good Credit History
- No criminal misdemeanor or felony record
- Prior work experience in help desk function is desirable, but not required.
- People with disabilities and Veterans are strongly encourage to apply, and will be given preference in the hiring process
Minimum Requisite Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work in a team environment, with accuracy and speed.
- Ability to recognize technical hardware and software break/fix issues.
- Conduct research using the available resources to complete tasks.
- Ability to have an understanding of which requests require immediate attention and which require an escalation to a Tier 1 IT help desk CSR.
- Ability to prepare activity reports, track/log/route problems, issues, and requests.
- Ability and desire to maintain and stay current with system information, changes, and updates
- Use tools such as EHD Knowledgebase to determine proper ticket logging, escalation, and dispatching.
- Achievement of service level requirements including but not limited to, email metric, DISA aging report requirements, and customer satisfaction.
* The above job descriptions and listed requirements can often change based on current Employer need and new projects. Your assigned job counselor will provide you with the most up-to-date job information.
No Phone calls – All applications must be submitted using our pre-qualify form: http://myemploymentoptions.com/for-job-seekers/pre-qualify/