Our Land division in Lafayette, Louisiana delivers asset integrity solutions in the following areas: rail transport, power, oil and gas, and nearshore (coastal).
This company is seeking a motivated, hands-on Registered Professional Land Surveyor in good standing in Texas and Louisiana to oversee project management, maintain quality control processes/procedures and production oversight.
Roles And Responsibilities
- Manages projects from inception to completion including written documentation while maintaining a close working relationship with clients.
- Coordinates with field operations to ensure adequacy and accuracy of field data collection efforts.
- Performs on-site management as required while stressing all phases of safety and quality.
- Is responsible for ensuring that department deliverables meet professional requirements of land survey.
- Ensures correct invoicing.
- Provides methods and ideas to accomplish tasks.
- Researches and investigates new techniques.
- Prepares and submits reports to client and department management.
- Assists in special projects as assigned.
- University degree (B.S.) in engineering or related technical discipline and five years’ experience in performance of tasks/duties in field of responsibility or equivalent combination of education and experience; experience in commercial and contractual aspects of Project Management
- Certification as a registered Louisiana and Texas land surveyor required. Other states are desirable.
- Ability to read and interpret documents, to write routine reports and correspondence, to speak effectively before individuals and groups of customers or employees of organization
- Ability to apply common sense and specific technical understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to read and understand contracts, write proposals and develop cost estimates
- Proficiency in the use of office administration software.
- Surveying experience with Government services such as, La. CPRA, Texas CMP, Roads and Bridges (DOTD), Waterways (USACE/ NOAA) is preferred.
* The above job descriptions and listed requirements can often change based on current Employer need and new projects. Your assigned job counselor will provide you with the most up-to-date job information.
If you are a current client of Employment Options and do not know who your assigned job counselor is, please contact Flora at firstname.lastname@example.org to get your assigned counselor.
If you are a new applicant and not our current client, please fill out an application to start the process: Application