This position is responsible for administratively supporting the Insurance Agents and the office, receiving phone calls and walk-ins from clients, processing customer service requests and claims. Responsible for data entry, customer service and collecting, tracking and reviewing documentation in support role, completing insurance applications and managing customer files.
KEY ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS
- Reports to SVP.
- Works closely with Insurance group team and customers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Customer Service to include answering phones and greeting customers.
- Process and review insurance documentation and ensure all documents are complete.
- Work as a liaison between team members to ensure the proper flow of requests and documents.
- Take payments from customers.
- Serve as a back-up for other jobs as necessary.
- Gain in-depth and thorough understanding of crop insurance and other insurances.
- File and maintain customer insurance files. This information is personal and confident
- Professionally assist the team with preparation and finalization of documents
- Enter bookkeeping requirements for customer to implement and provide group insurance program.
- Continually update job knowledge and learn about new products and services.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Excellent client relationship skills, friendly attitude, communication and interpersonal skills
- General math skills
- Must be organized, accurate, thorough, and able to monitor work for quality.
- Must be able to prioritize and plan work activities as to use time efficiently.
- Must be dependable, able to follow instructions, respond to management direction.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associate’s Degree; 2-4 years’ experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic computer knowledge.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the essential duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, use hands and fingers to handle or feel and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, and stoop. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and rarely lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the essential duties of this position, the employee is regularly exposed to a general office environment and interaction with customers.
The preceding position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
*** The above job descriptions and listed requirements can often change based on current Employer need and new projects. Your assigned job counselor will provide you with the most up-to-date job information.
If you are a new applicant and not our current client, please fill out an application to start the process: Application