The Real Estate Closer is responsible for preparing accurate and complete closing disclosures and documents for title companies, preparing checks or wire for funding loan closings, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, and providing superior customer service. Provide guidance and support to the loan lenders and loan team.
KEY ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS
- Reports to Loan Department Manager or Officer
- Works closely with loan team, bank departments, customers and clients.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Pre-Closing: Opening new orders, ordering title commitments, understanding of title requirements as necessary. Responsible for ordering surveys, lien searches and mortgage payoff letters and preparation of preliminary closing statements for lenders.
- Closing: Disburse funds to appropriate parties, scan and package closing documents for lenders, sellers, and buyers, when necessary.
- Post-Closing: Disburse funds to appropriate parties, scan and package closing documents for lenders, sellers, and buyers, when necessary.
- Communicating between all parties involved in a transaction.
- Prepares and completes accurate closing disclosures for loan closings.
- Review loan applications for completeness and conformance with regulations, policies and procedures and practices.
- Calculates escrow months and amounts for loans with escrow accounts.
- Prepares check and/or wires for the funding of loan closings.
- Works closely with lenders, abstractors, attorneys, and other vendors to complete closings in a timely and efficient manner.
- Communicates with Closing Attorneys and field inquiries regarding loan packages and guidelines problems. Assist in the search for missing document as needed.
- Review title commitments, plat map and verify all necessary underwriting conditions have been met prior to funding.
- Reviews and audits files prior to shipping the file to the secondary market.
- Maintains the data integrity of the system, to ensure that loans are booked/funded in accordance with both the Bank’s approval and loan documentation.
- Booking with closing instructions and perfecting our collateral position.
- Responsible for ensuring general loan accounting entries are completed with accuracy and thoroughness as part of the loan booking and servicing functions.
- Ability to apply critical reasoning and decision making when questions arise.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Strong ethical conduct and sound judgment.
- Possess an eye for detail.
- Excellent math and basic accounting skills.
- Strong skills in loan documentation.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and pressures to meet deadlines.
- Ability to interact effectively with customers and other company staff to resolve problems.
- Must possess a strong working knowledge of bank regulations.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Familiarity with computers and banking applications/software. Solid understanding of lending products and practices.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the essential duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit and walk, use hands and fingers to handle or feel and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, and stoop. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and rarely lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the essential duties of this position, the employee is regularly exposed to a general office environment and interaction with customers.
The preceding position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.
*** The above job descriptions and listed requirements can often change based on current Employer need and new projects. Your assigned job counselor will provide you with the most up-to-date job information.
If you are a new applicant and not our current client, please fill out an application to start the process: Application