February 20, 2020
Medical Coder- (MEO – 613B)
Seeking candidates with exposure to medical coding to assign codes that accurately describe patient diagnoses, procedures, and therapies for documentation.
- Compile, abstract and maintain patient medical records to document condition and treatment. Actively code diagnoses (ICD-9) based on medical record documentation.
- Assign codes (ICD-9, 10, CPT, and HCPCS) that accurately describe diagnoses, procedures, and therapies according to established guidelines.
- Review records for completeness, accuracy and compliance with regulations. Protect the security of medical records to ensure that confidentiality is maintained.
- Participate in inter-rater reliability testing/peer review exercises, as requested.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Associate degree in medical record technology or 1-year medical coding diploma, Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) or Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or Certified Coding
- Specialist (CCS) or Certified Professional Coder (CPC)
- Exposure to commercial claims and/or medical/surgical products or Medicare advantage or Medicare fee for service program coverage, the Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS), International Classification of Diseases (ICD-9, ICD-10) information.
- Knowledge of coding International Classification of Diseases, 9th Revision (ICD-9) codes.
- Understands and applies appropriate Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) guidelines to coding.
- Knowledge of anatomy, physiology and medical terminology.
- Coding software familiarity.
- Excellent verbal, math and written communication skills.
*** The above job descriptions and listed requirements can often change based on current Employer need and new projects. Your assigned job counselor will provide you with the most up-to-date job information.
If you are a new applicant and not our current client, please fill out an application to start the process: Application