This position is responsible to generate new business by contacting potential customers. Responsibilities are selling, soliciting, differentiate and negotiate insurance plans that match the needs of assigned or prospective customer’s portfolio. Meet potential clients to get information about their needs and coverage, match insurance policies to their needs and explain the options to customers. Additionally, this position will help administratively support current agents in servicing current clients.
KEY ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS
• Reports to SVP.
• Works closely with Insurance group team and customers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSBILITIES
• To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Determinedly seek insurance relationships with a focus on home, auto, commercial, health and life.
• The primary focus for these types of insurance will be through cultivating relationships with area residents and realtors and other centers of influence.
• Calculate premiums and establish payment method.
• Call on policyholder to deliver and explain policy, to analyze insurance program and suggest additions or changes, or to change beneficiaries.
• Confer with clients to obtain and provide information when claims are made on a policy.
• Contact underwriter and submit forms to obtain binder coverage.
• Customize insurance programs to suit individual customers, often coverage a variety of risks.
• Develop marketing strategies and promote all types of new insurance contracts or suggest additions/changes to existing ones.
• Ensure the policy requirements are fulfilled, including the completion of appropriate forms.
• Explain features, advantages and disadvantages of various policies to promote sale of insurance plans.
• Explain necessary bookkeeping requirements for customer to implement and provide group insurance program.
• Become proficient at utilizing our EZLynx system to be able to efficiently and effectively gather information on current insurance clients and quote insurance for prospects.
• Inspect property, examining its general condition, type of construction, age and other characteristics, to decide if it is a good insurance risk.
• Interview prospective clients to obtain data about their financial resources and needs, the physical condition of the person or property to be insured, and to discuss any exiting coverage.
• Monitor insurance claims to ensure they are settled equitably for both the client and the insurer.
• Maintain records and handling policy renewals.
• Make sure policies stay current and make amendments to policy as life changes.
• Plan and oversee incorporation of insurance program into bookkeeping system of company.
• Seek out new clients and develop clientele by networking to find new customers and generate lists of prospective clients.
• Select company that offers type of coverage requested by client to underwrite policy.
• Sell various types of insurance policies to businesses and individuals on behalf of insurance companies, including automobile, fire, life, property, insurance or specialized policies such as farm/crop.
• Continually update job knowledge and learn about new products and services.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• To perform this job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following knowledge, skills, and abilities.
• Product knowledge
• Prospecting Skills, motivation for sales, selling to customer needs
• Excellent client relationship skills, friendly attitude
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• General math skills
• Ability to work in a goal oriented environment
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Associate’s Degree; 3-5 years’ experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Working experience as an insurance agent or relevant experience
• Familiarity with all types of insurance plans (automobile, fire, life, property, etc.)
• Basic computer knowledge and statistical analysis
• Ability to work with goals.
• Experience in delivering client-focused solutions and creating long-lasting relationships
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the essential duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, use hands and fingers to handle or feel and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, and stoop. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and rarely lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the essential duties of this position, the employee is regularly exposed to a general office environment and interaction with customers.
The preceding position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.
*** The above job descriptions and listed requirements can often change based on current Employer need and new projects. Your assigned job counselor will provide you with the most up-to-date job information.
If you are a new applicant and not our current client, please fill out an application to start the process: Application