Your Future. Built Smarter. This company is one of the largest design consulting firms in the U.S., is currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer in our Novi, MI office. With a global footprint of 40 offices and a deep bench of nearly 1,200 team members, we know the technical skills of our people is our product and we strive to build long-lasting client relationships through our guiding principles, expertise, and collaborative project approach.
As a Mechanical Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Design portions of a project relates to discipline systems according to code and company Standards
- Research resources for commercially available equipment
- Assist with good client relations, project design notebook, and provide documentation for permanent record files
- Assist with coordinating design and schedule with other disciplines such as architectural, structural, electrical, technology, clerical and equipment suppliers
- Assist with documenting design decisions, meetings, and instructions from client promptly while monitoring project design progress
- Review design methods, procedures, changes in scope, and client correspondence with the Lead Engineer
- Conduct periodic job site observations
Qualified candidates should possess the following skills, education, and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans and drawings
- Knowledge and prediction of physical principles, laws, and their interrelationships, and applications to understanding fluid, material, and atmospheric dynamics
- Skill in the use of Microsoft Office programs and Revit
- Ability to clearly communicate in both oral and written communication to individuals or groups
This company an employee owned corporation, is committed to investing in employees’ futures through structured programs including formal mentoring, opportunities for career advancement and professional development.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including generous PTO, flexible schedule, and assistance with tuition reimbursement. Additionally, employees are eligible to enroll in health, dental, vision, and life insurance on their first day of employment.
*** The above job descriptions and listed requirements can often change based on current Employer need and new projects. Your assigned job counselor will provide you with the most up-to-date job information.
If you are a new applicant and not our current client, please fill out an application to start the process: Application