Security Officer – (MEO-571) **on-site**
Company’s core purpose: “To serve and secure the people and businesses of our community”.
Security Officers are responsible for the safety and security of the facilities they protect.
Security Officers perform many tasks throughout their shifts; these tasks may include patrolling the facility on foot or in a vehicle, working at the entrance to the facility and answering phones, greeting guests and employees and monitoring closed circuit television systems, alarms and other very important facility systems.
Our security officers act as a visible deterrent to crime and client rule infractions; detect suspicious activities and watch for criminal acts or client rule infractions at or near assigned post which may be a threat to the property, clients, guests or employees at the site.
Security officers may be asked to perform many essential functions at the facility they work at, although not an exhaustive list, these are a few of them:
- Officers ensure the facility is provided with high-quality security services to protect people and property.
- Build, improve and maintain effective relationships with both client employees and guests.
- Greet guests and employees in a cheerful and welcoming manner.
- Answers questions and assists guests and employees.
- Remains flexible to ever-changing environment; adapts well to different situations.
- Patrolling the facility on foot or in a vehicle.
- Answering phones, greeting guests and employees
- Monitoring closed circuit television systems and alarms.
- Officers report safety concerns, security breaches. and unusual circumstances both verbally and in writing.
- Handle security issues or emergency situations appropriately.
- Fully embrace security/safety training programs to enhance their ability to advance in their careers.
- Participate in industry specific security/safety training programs to offer our clients the best-trained officers at their sites.
- Be aware of and familiar with the site-specific operations performance manual and post orders.
- You may be required to take additional certification training, such as becoming certified to carry OC sprays, drive bicycles, operate Segway’s, etc.
- Previous contract security, military or law enforcement experience is beneficial
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills required.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment with the ability to work independently.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older as required by applicable law or contractual requirements.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED, or at least 5 years of verifiable employment history.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing for the purpose of public interaction and report writing.
- Successful completion of the company’s Master Security Officers Basic (Level 1) Course.
- Ability to maintain satisfactory attendance and punctuality standard.
- Neat and professional appearance.
- Friendly and professional demeanor.
- Ability to providing quality customer service.
- Ability to handle typical and crisis situations efficiently and effectively at client site.
* The above job descriptions and listed requirements can often change based on current Employer need and new projects. Your assigned job counselor will provide you with the most up-to-date job information.
If you are a new applicant and not our current client, please fill out an application to start the process: Application