Tech Support Engineers provide phone and internet-based support to customers of our hosted Exchange email services, our hosted voice services and more. Performance metrics include resolution on the first call and customer satisfaction.
- Resolve technical issues via incoming phone calls from (mostly) non-technical end users.
- Respond to incoming web-based support requests.
- Utilize Live Chat with powerful desktop sharing tools.
- Recognize trends and report them to senior level engineers.
- Find and document any new support issues or product bugs.
- Work with other team members to resolve active issues.
- Identify customer needs that can be met by additional office applications.
- Self-awareness and common sense approach to identifying issues to escalate appropriately
- Self-starter with the maturity to ask for assistance when needed
- Experience configuring Outlook and other email applications
- Familiarity with DNS, networking and VoIP
- 1+ years of experience in a high-volume call center environment in a technical support role
- Demonstrated ability to patiently solicit needed information from non-technical users and communicate the technical solution in understandable terms
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills when facing complex challenges
- Strong sense of commitment to resolving client issues on the first call
- Must be a self-starter with proven ability to work proactively and independently
- Excellent communication skills — writing, speaking, and listening
- Detailed oriented with good documentation skills
- Commitment to excellence: willing to accept constructive feedback, share information with other team members, and drive toward continuous improvement
- Previous work-from-home technical support experience.
- College degree or equivalent experience
* The above job descriptions and listed requirements can often change based on current Employer need and new projects. Your assigned job counselor will provide you with the most up-to-date job information.
If you are a current client of Employment Options and do not know who your assigned job counselor is, please contact Flora at email@example.com to get your assigned counselor.
If you are a new applicant and not our current client, please fill out an application to start the process: Application