Technical Service Representatives (TSRs) in this position will be responsible for providing over the phone support to a federal agency that is technical in nature. The activities associated with this position include identification, prioritization and resolution of reported problems. Additionally, the TSR will, over the phone, perform general maintenance tasks and resolve less complex IT problems immediately, while the more complex IT issues will be escalated to a higher level of support. During the course of work the TSR may encounter the need to use problem management databases and/or proprietary help desk systems.
Minimum Hiring Requirements:
- Prior to job training, a candidate must possess one of the following CompTIA certifications:
- **This CompTIA certification must have a continuing education (ce) designation
- Ability to become certified in Microsoft Windows Operating Systems Fundamentals 98-349 and CompTIA Security+ (SYO-401) within 6 months of hire.
- English language proficiency both spoken and written
- U.S. Citizen
- Good Credit History
- No criminal misdemeanor or felony record
- 1 year of work experience in help desk function is desirable
- Training is available to qualified candidates
- People with disabilities and Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply, and will be given preference in the hiring process
Training and Continuous Education:
This position may require initial training, on the job training, subsequent training and continuing education of which will be outlined and facilitated by the training department or some other approved means. Some trainings will be required for the position while other training will be mandatory for consideration for advancement.
Many of the positions through the Business Services Division require a security clearance. Thus, the candidate/employee must pass and maintain appropriate security and background checks as required for each area and/or contract. The extent of the security and background check may vary by position. Employment may also be contingent upon successful security and background checks and may be run on an ad hoc basis. Required security and clearance checks will be completed at no financial cost to the candidate.
To determine if you are a potential candidate for this position a review of the following may apply:
- A criminal background/history inquiry
- Employment verification
- Drug screening
- Credit history
Individuals will be in a cubicle for the majority of their scheduled shift. The employment facility is a universally designed building with an open environment that provides natural light throughout work areas. Individuals will work individually, and therefore are required to work well independently; however, they will also be a member of a team and therefore must be able to work in a team atmosphere. The tasks of the call center are repetitive in nature. The noise level is generally moderate. The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* The above job descriptions and listed requirements can often change based on current Employer need and new projects. Your assigned job counselor will provide you with the most up-to-date job information.
If you are a current client of Employment Options and do not know who your assigned job counselor is, please contact Flora at firstname.lastname@example.org to get your assigned counselor.
If you are a new applicant and not our current client, please fill out an application to start the process: Application