This company is looking for our next friendly and enthusiastic, ready-to-tackle-anything-a-geoscience-and-engineering-firm-can-throw-at-you, Accountant to be located in our Austin, Texas, office. We’re an established international consulting firm experiencing some growth spurts, so we’re in need of someone looking for a challenge or two.
- General Ledger and Financial Reporting
- Prepare general ledger account entries, substantiate financial transactions, reconcile processed work and financial discrepancies
- Maintain, change, and process payroll data and records
- Assist Accounting Manager in determining payroll liabilities and resolve payroll discrepancies, as well as preparing monthly tax statements, quarterly tax filings, and annual workers comp audits
- Fixed Assets
- Enter and record data into our fixed asset software and prepare monthly depreciation reports
- Timesheet Review
- Weekly review staff timesheets for data entry accuracy
- Project Accounting
- Assist Contracts Manager in maintaining project-related records
- Review account totals, project assets expenses and investigate variances, unbilled expenses, and unpaid contract billings
- Compile information for internal and external auditors as required
- Assist Accounting Manager in preparing company business activity and financial position reports
- Other reasonable and related duties or requests
- B.S. in Accounting or related field
- 4+ years of experience in general accounting (preferably with other consulting or personal services firms), financial statement preparation, payroll, job costing, and corporate financial reporting Brownie points if you can tell us about it in a well-written cover letter
- Knowledge of the ins and outs of general ledger accounting, federal, state, and local tax basics, and reporting procedures
- Stellar Excel skills and a sharp analytical eye
- Self-motivation, truly awesome people skills, and the ability to play nicely with others
- Knowledge of government contracting / reporting desired.
Our employees say that what they value most at our company is our corporate culture—because not only do we believe that our people are our most important asset, we embody it. As an employee-owned company, we are invested in not only providing a good work-life balance with flexible schedules and telecommuting opportunities, but we offer generous benefits packages (we even have a $0 cost health plan), bonus eligibilities, tuition reimbursements, and more. These are some of the reasons why many of our employees have spent 10-25 years with us. Some have spent even more.
So join us today because this company is proud of maintaining a reputation for excellence, leaves no room for politics, and empowers all of our employees to accomplish their best!
*** The above job descriptions and listed requirements can often change based on current Employer need and new projects. Your assigned job counselor will provide you with the most up-to-date job information.
If you are a new applicant and not our current client, please fill out an application to start the process: Application