We hire in 46 of the United States. We do not hire in Alaska, California, Hawaii or Washington D.C. for Work From Home.
This entry level Apparel Sewing Machine Operator Level 2 position is responsible for the accurate alignment of fabric, garments, and materials under needles using marks on machines, clamps, templates, cloth and notches as guides. This position guides garments or garment parts under machine needles and presser foot pedals to proficiently sew cloth parts together using several types of sewing machines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following:
1- Operate single or double needle surging, union special, hemming, basic & complicated automated and/or bar tacking machines to perform sewing steps to join, reinforce or decorate material or articles.
– Daily 2- Align fabric, garments and materials under needles using marks on machines, clamps, templates, cloth and notches as guides.
– Daily 3- Align material pieces in correct order prior to sewing and verify that dye lots and patterns match.
– Daily 4- Guide garments or garment parts under machine needles and presser foot pedals to sew parts together.
– Daily 5- Place cord, spools of thread or other materials on spindles, insert bobbins, thread ends through machine guides and thread needles as necessary.
– Daily 6- Select supplies such as fasteners and thread to meet job requirements.
– Daily 7- Check garments and examine repair tags and markings on garments to locate defects or damage. Mark and repair mistakes as necessary. Trim threads as necessary.
– Daily 8- Observe machine operations and identify problems such as defective stitching, breaks in thread or machine malfunctions and report such defects to supervisors.
– As Needed 9- Work with supervisor towards meeting performance standards.
– Daily 10- Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
– Daily 11- Practice LEAN principles and 5S concepts
– Daily 12- Support ISO-9000 and the company’s Quality Management Systems requirements.
13- Support the company’s vision, value, culture, and commitment to excellent customer services to all customers and stakeholders.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
This job requires successful completion of the Sewing 101 assessment.
Ability to communicate information and ideas so others will understand.
Knowledge of numbers and the ability to count
Ability to apply common sense and an understanding to carry out instructions provided.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use fingers, hands, arms and legs to handle or feel. The employee frequently is required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This position will move to other work areas as business requires. Person needs to have the ability to ask questions and voice concerns in relation to work and work environment.
* The above job descriptions and listed requirements can often change based on current Employer need and new projects. Your assigned job counselor will provide you with the most up-to-date job information.
No Phone calls – All applications must be submitted online using our pre-qualify form: http://myemploymentoptions.