Customer Service Specialist – (MEO-556)
We hire in 46 of the United States. We do not hire in Alaska, California, Hawaii or Washington D.C. for Work From Home.
About this position
The Customer Service Guru (CSG) position is responsible for creating outstanding, long-term, positive relationships between the company and its customers. The CSG position accomplishes this through extraordinary service, personal attention, follow through and detail orientation. Solving problems swiftly and effectively and the use of courtesy, tact and sound judgment is another way the CSG ensures a solid relationship is formed with customers.
The CSG has frequent contact with customers, regular contact with the company employees inside and outside the Customer Service Department, and some contact with vendors. The responsibilities that follow are performed by Customer Services Guru’s and with the guidance of a Sr. Customer Service Guru and/or the Manager. Some discretion is used, however the Manager must approve the more critical decisions.
- Create a one of a kind experience for all customer interactions by email, phone or chat.
- Proactively interact to ensure all questions are answered and all problems resolved in an accurate and timely manner with good results.
- Competently use all systems and equipment necessary for customer care.
- Maintain a familiarity with the company product line and help customers find what they need.
How we know you are the most qualified person for this position
Education High School Diploma or G.E.D. is required. Some College or College Degree preferred but not required.
- 1-3 years of proven experience in serving customers
- Basic understanding of CRM systems
- Moderate computer skills
Behaviors you must have because we can’t teach them to you
- Warmth and Humor: The ability to draw customers in from first contact and make them feel like they WANT to become a part of the company family. The ability to make customers laugh without offending them.
- Verbal Communication: The ability to quickly assess the needs and communication style of the customer and speak to them in their “language.” The ability to make every customer believe they are the most important customer the company has. The ability to make each customer believe their issue or concern is the most important issue or concern the company has.
- Written Communication: An expert ability to write without typos, misspelled words or grammatical errors. The ability to use templates to personalize, matching your persona and the personality needs of each individual customer. The ability to convey warmth and tone through the written word. The company Customer Service Specialist ability to accurately and precisely convey the message the customer needs to hear/see so there is no misunderstanding about what happens next. And all the other things in letter b, except in writing.
- Problem Solving: The ability to look beyond the obvious and determine what things at a micro level need to be addressed, fixed, changed or enhanced. This includes quickly finding solutions to basic problems with ease and with minimal guidance from management – i.e. “self-directed”
- Accountability: The ability to accept responsibility for what is yours, whether it is a heroic win or a mistake. The determination to find solutions rather than pointing blame at others. The ability to accept constructive feedback for improvement and positive feedback for recognition. The ability to do something you don’t like doing — but is in the best interest of the customer and company — without complaining about it.
- Results Focus: The eagerness and drive to get things done without frequent reminders. Initiative.
- Detail Orientation: The ability to achieve a high level of accuracy in regards to customer data entry, customer communications, processing orders via our CRM (Customer Relationship Management) systems, etc.
- High Integrity: The desire to do the right moral, ethical and honest thing especially when no one else is looking. Exhibit high character always, both in good and hard/stressful times.
Special Requirements/Working Conditions Physical
- Sitting for extended periods
- Repetitive use of mouse and keyboard
- Using a telephone headset for extended periods
As the company Customer Service Guru, you have the opportunity to create your own working environment. Shifts with phone support must be done in a quiet environment. You may work anywhere you can connect to the Internet, as long as you are meeting the expectations of your position. If your expectations are not met, you may be required to work under more direct supervision. Resources needed High speed Internet connection
Ability to work extended hours and weekends as necessary.
* The above job descriptions and listed requirements can often change based on current Employer need and new projects. Your assigned job counselor will provide you with the most up-to-date job information.
No Phone calls – All applications must be submitted online using our pre-qualify form: http://myemploymentoptions.