We hire in 46 of the United States. We do not hire in Alaska, California, Hawaii or Washington D.C. for Work From Home.
As a Work At Home Consultant you will answer inbound calls, providing customers with billing inquiries and technical assistance. Part-Time and Full-Time positions available. Requires flexibility to work evenings, weekends, holidays, overtime and changes in shift depending on the needs of the business.
The primary activities of the position will include, but not be limited to: Providing routine customer service billing support, explaining billing statements to customers, handling collection issues, pro-rates, issuing credits, handling changes of service, and setting up and confirming appointments.
In addition, consultants use standardized troubleshooting procedures, monitor, identify and report on outages, use tools to determine equipment signal levels and frequencies, reset customer devices, determine customer location/equipment issues, educate customers on use of equipment, and schedule in-home service appointments.
- Answers inbound calls, regarding billing and technical issues.
- Access the customer’s records and verify customer account information.
- Use probing questions and other soft-skill techniques to diagnose customer issues and provide them with a solution or escalation path to resolve their problem.
- Access customer databases, knowledge resources, and technical applications to further determine the root cause of the problem. This will require the navigation of multiple systems.
- Interact with client departments (test desk, field service, dispatch) when escalations are required.
- Schedule a technician visit when an issue cannot be resolved via traditional troubleshooting methods. Negotiate appointment time w/ customer and tells customer if there is a charge for the service call.
- Answer product related inquires. e.g. channel line-ups, package details, internet speeds.
- Identify potential customer needs and refer them to Sales for additional information.
- Initiate and document client responses to customer contacts by keying new or changed information about accounts into the computer system and completing any forms required to request action by other departments or gather additional information.
- May need to place follow-up calls to customers after receiving acknowledgment of action taken by other client departments.
- Participate in team meetings and individual meetings with Team Manager concerning own job performance.
- Attend Full-Time job-related training, this may include new hire training, refresher training, new product or service updates, and product cross-training.
- Reads new or updated reference material or announcements pertaining to construction schedules, outages, promotions, programming changes, specials, policies, and other Company business. Adapts customer communication to reflect any changes.
- Attends work when scheduled even during irregular/unexpected days or hours; takes incoming calls as soon as possible following a previous call.
- Maintains a clean/safe work environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Meet the minimum educational requirement of 60 college credits completed or 2 years of military service/experience or a technical degree
- Passing background checks, including criminal background check, credit check, prior employment verification and drug screen.
- Available to participate in 4 weeks of Full-Time training Monday through Friday.
- Requires flexibility to work evenings, weekends, holidays, overtime and changes in shift depending on the needs of the business.
- Demonstrated experience with the use of PCs, including familiarity with and experience in the use of industry standard applications, along with the ability to navigate in a multi-windows based environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a focus on rapport building, listening, and questioning skills. Must be able to exhibit written and oral communications skills.
- Analytical problem solving skills and basic math skills required.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, conflict resolution environment and have the necessary skills to consistently perform to standards.
- Position requires focus on specialized tasks, engaging in customer communications and sitting for extended periods of time.
- Provide a PC and Internet Connection to the specifications below.
Minimum Home Office Requirements:
- 2.0 Ghz Dual Core or better processor
- 2 GB RAM (some employment opportunities require a minimum of 4 GB RAM)
- 10 GB available hard drive space
- Sound card
- Windows 7, including Windows 8 and 8.1
(Note: some employment opportunities are available for consultants with only Windows Vista installed)
- Dual ear (designed to minimize audio interference from outside sources)
- Noise cancelling microphone
- Minimum Internet speeds of 1 Mbps upload and 3 Mbps download. Regardless, your connection must in all cases continuously support outstanding call quality and high speed interactive response rates while working with client tools. When you connect to the Internet, the upload and download speeds you experience will vary based on a variety of factors including the configuration of your computer, the number of concurrent users at in your household, the speed of the Websites you or others in your household are accessing, network or Internet congestion outside of your household, and other factors. Stated speeds and uninterrupted use of Internet service are typically not guaranteed by Internet access providers. During peak hours, actual upload and download speeds will likely be lower than speeds promised to you in “as fast as” packages offered to you by your provider. Therefore, this company cannot predict with certainty that the results from a speed test will, in fact, support the outstanding call quality or interactive speeds requirements our consultants need. Generally speaking, the faster the upload and download speed of your Internet connection, the better.
* The above job descriptions and listed requirements can often change based on current Employer need and new projects. Your assigned job counselor will provide you with the most up-to-date job information.
No Phone calls – All applications must be submitted using our pre-qualify form: http://myemploymentoptions.com/for-job-seekers/pre-qualify/