We hire in 46 of the United States. We do not hire in Alaska, California, Hawaii or Washington D.C. for Work From Home.
|EDUCATION AND FORMAL TRAINING:
• Professional Medical Coder Certification required
• Certified Coding Specialist designation (CCS) issued by the American Health Information Management Association; or,
• Certified Professional Coder (CPC) or Certified Professional Coder Apprentice (CPC-A)
• Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA), or Registered Health Information Technologist (RHIT) with 6 months experience coding ICD-9 CM
• Knowledge of disease processes, medical terminology and medical abbreviation.EXPERIENCE:
• Certified Professional Coder Apprentice (CPC-A) must have at least 6 months experience with provider office coding and/or Hospital Coding setting.
• If candidate does not have CPC, candidate must receive within 6 months of the date of hireCOMPANY MISSION: The company is committed to maintaining high standards, a professional atmosphere, and supporting professional growth of its employees. The Mission of Professional Services is to improve documentation of care; ensure proper HCC payments from CMS; and, help clients be proactive in managing HCC performance by working with providers to ensure complete and accurate coding.
The Professional Medical Coder (PMC) is responsible for reviewing scanned medical records for documentation related to disease or symptoms and diagnostic descriptions for a given encounter. The PMC must demonstrate knowledge and ability to assign ICD-9 CM codes to the highest specificity ensuring that diagnostic codes and documentation accurately reflect and support the visit encounter. All coders must maintain a 95% accuracy rate.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Performs accurate chart reviews and assigns appropriate ICD-9 CM codes based on documentation in chart.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Reviews bulletins, newsletters, and periodicals, and attends workshops to stay abreast of current issues, trends, and changes in the laws and regulations governing medical ICD-9 CM coding and documentation.
PRINCIPAL WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
• Works closely with Manager in areas of position responsibility.
EDUCATION AND FORMAL TRAINING:
* The above job descriptions and listed requirements can often change based on current Employer need and new projects. Your assigned job counselor will provide you with the most up-to-date job information.
No Phone calls – All applications must be submitted online using our pre-qualify form: http://myemploymentoptions.