We hire in 46 of the United States. We do not hire in Alaska, California, Hawaii or Washington D.C. for Work From Home
Location: US- MD- Baltimore OR REMOTE
This company is looking for a highly qualified and motivated PHP developer with solid Software Development experience to be a key player of the Software Solutions team. The Software Solutions team, part of our Services organization, works directly with institutions and partners to develop or include enhancements and additional functionality to be incorporated in the company’s’ SaaS platform. Members of this team will work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, and interface routinely with clients.
- Implement and maintain high-quality enhancements and additional subsystems to our flagship products based on the open source software.
- Contribute to gathering and documenting business requirements and translate them into technical specifications and designs.
- Estimate work tasks and level of effort within project timeline.
- Evaluate risk and impact associated with proposed scope and design changes.
- Actively participate in quality assurance activities including design and code reviews, unit testing, defect fixes, operational readiness, etc.
- Research and troubleshoot issues, provide technical support to client team as needed.
- Conduct targeted technical mentoring, training and workshops.
- All job duties described above require a flexible work schedule to meet client needs and may require up to 25% travel. This position is based in our Baltimore, MD offices.
- A four-year college degree in software engineering or computer science and three years of experience in commercial software development OR, a masters degree in a related field and one year of experience in enterprise software development.
- At least two years of experience with the Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP (LAMP) stack.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English required.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a geographically distributed virtual team environment and to build relationships with internal and external organizations.
- Demonstrated time management and prioritization skills, and ability to manage expectations effectively when handling multiple assignments simultaneously with competing deadlines.
- Proven ability to learn new technologies as needed.
- At least a year of experience with Learning Management System, Student Information System, or IMS Global Learning Consortium development. Experience with large scale open source applications, such as Drupal, can supplement a lack of educational technology experience.
- Development experience enhancing and optimizing SaaS software.
- Experience with other web application stacks, including Java and non-relational databases.
- Written and spoken fluency in another language than English (Spanish preferred).
- At least one year of experience in a client-facing capacity. Consulting experience preferred.
* The above job descriptions and listed requirements can often change based on current Employer need and new projects. Your assigned job counselor will provide you with the most up-to-date job information.
No Phone calls – All applications must be submitted online using our pre-qualify form: http://myemploymentoptions.