We hire in 46 of the United States. We do not hire in Alaska, California, Hawaii or Washington D.C. for Work From Home.
Under close supervision, as a Team Member, the Tier 1 Customer Service Representative, accepts and responds to phone inquiries from Medicare and Medicaid beneficiaries and their family members or caretakers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Provide knowledgeable responses to telephone inquiries in a courteous and professional manner
- Maintain a current understanding of the processing procedures to respond to numerous phone inquiries.
- Adhere to the Privacy Act as it relates to the confidentiality of information released.
- Continually look for and suggest process improvements, which will benefit the company and our customers (internal and external).
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of CMS regulations and policies as they apply.
- Assist with the delivery of internal employee training for new and temporary employees as requested.
- Report problems that occur and assist with the resolution.
- Utilize databases and written materials to look up and provide information to telephone inquiries.
- Respond to telephone inquiries within the set departmental staffing and time parameters.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum 6 months customer service/secretarial/telemarketing experience required.
- Must be able to speak English clearly and professionally.
- Must be able to type a minimum of 20 WPM.
- Ability to effectively work within established contractual turnaround times required.
- Must have demonstrated excellent interpersonal and leadership skills and the ability to organize simultaneous tasks.
- Proven ability to work as a member of a team is required.
- Previous CMS/Medicare experience preferred.
- All CMS personnel will be required by contract to undergo program update training as the program changes.
- Person’s with disabilities are encouraged to apply and will be given preference in the hiring process.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or equivalent required. It is desirable that the CSR have one to three months related experience (typically in customer service) and/or training.
* The above job descriptions and listed requirements can often change based on current Employer need and new projects. Your assigned job counselor will provide you with the most up-to-date job information.
No Phone calls – All applications must be submitted online using our pre-qualify form: http://myemploymentoptions.