We hire in 46 of the United States. We do not hire in Alaska, California, Hawaii or Washington D.C. for Work From Home.
Technical Service Representatives (TSRs) in this position will be responsible for providing over the phone support to a federal agency that is technical in nature. The activities associated with this position include identification, prioritization and resolution of reported problems. Additionally, the TSR will, over the phone, perform general maintenance tasks and resolve less complex IT problems immediately, while the more complex IT issues will be escalated to a higher level of support. During the course of work the TSR may encounter the need to use problem management databases and/or proprietary help desk systems.
Minimum Hiring Requirements:
- English language proficiency both spoken and written
- U.S. Citizen
- High school diploma or GED
- Good credit history
- No criminal misdemeanor or felony record
- CompTia A+ certification preferred
- 1 year of work experience in help desk function is desirable
- Training is available to qualifying individuals
- People with disabilities and Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply, and will be given preference in the hiring process
Minimum Requisite Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to respond to requests for technical assistance via the phone and through other electronic means
- Ability to diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues
- Conduct research using the available resources to assist callers
- Ability to advise callers of step-by-step process to resolve the purpose of call
- Ability to have an understanding of which calls require attention and which require an escalation to a non-level 1 IT help desk CSR
- Ability to prepare activity reports, track/log/route problems, issues, requests and document resolutions
- Ability and desire to maintain and stay current with system information, changes, and updates
- Use tools to remotely access end user systems and perform corrective actions to resolve the users problem
- Achievement of service level requirements including but not limited to average talk time and first call resolution, etc
- Oral and written communication skills
- Fluency in English
- Learning skills
- Customer service orientation
- Problem analysis and problem-solving
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Planning and organization
- Attention to detail
- Stress tolerance
Training and Continuous Education:
This position may require initial training, on the job training, subsequent training and continuing education of which will be outlined and facilitated by the training department or some other approved means. Some trainings will be required for the position while other training will be mandatory for consideration for advancement.
Many of the positions through the Business Services Division require a security clearance. Thus, the candidate/employee must pass and maintain appropriate security and background checks as required for each area and/or contract. The extent of the security and background check may vary by position. Employment may also be contingent upon successful security and background checks and may be run on an ad hoc basis. Required security and clearance checks will be completed at no financial cost to the candidate.
To determine if you are a potential candidate for this position a review of the following may apply:
- A criminal background/history inquiry
- Employment verification
- Drug screening
- Credit history
The following may impact your ability to gain the required authorization:
- Poor credit, bankruptcy in the past 2-3 years and/or delinquent payments
- Previous termination from previous employment that involves theft or other negligent actions on your part
- Drug or alcohol use
- Failure to be honest when responding to the required Federal Security Clearance questions
- Clearance investigations can/will go back as far as 7 years or more.
Individuals will be in a cubicle for the majority of their scheduled shift. The employment facility is a universally designed building with an open environment that provides natural light throughout work areas. Individuals will work individually, and therefore are required to work well independently; however, they will also be a member of a team and therefore must be able to work in a team atmosphere. The tasks of the call center are repetitive in nature. The noise level is generally moderate. The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* The above job descriptions and listed requirements can often change based on current Employer need and new projects. Your assigned job counselor will provide you with the most up-to-date job information.
No Phone calls – All applications must be submitted online using our pre-qualify form: http://myemploymentoptions.