We hire in 46 of the United States. We do not hire in Alaska, California, Hawaii or Washington D.C. for Work From Home.
STRICT BACKGROUND AND CREDIT CHECK! Only candidates with perfect credit (no Judgements, charge-backs or accounts in collections.)
Full-time positions only. Operates in a 24/7 environment. Shift start times are between 10am EST and 1:30pm EST with weekend shifts required
As a Travel Counselor, you will be responsible for:
- Creating memorable travel experiences for our customers by booking leisure travel with a key focus in domestic and international destination air, car and hotel travel arrangements
- Delivering on the company brand promise every day
- Being accountable and taking ownership of the customer’s experience from beginning to end
- Staying ahead of industry trends and continuously building destination knowledge
- Creating innovative ways to resolve customers’ issues or concerns to win their loyalty and travel spend; ultimately making loyal enthusiast out of the customer, so they will recommend American Express Travel to others
A successful applicant will have the following qualifications:
- Minimum of 3 year recent experience selling domestic and international travel services
- Strong international air booking experience is required; in combination with car and hotel highly preferred
- Computer reservations experience required, Sabre is preferred
- Extensive domestic and international destination knowledge, including knowledge of emerging destinations
- Exceptional communication skills, delighting the customer with every single interaction
- Passion for serving customers with proactive solutions
- Effective strong consultative selling skills and the ability to listen to the customers’ needs, in turn offering confident recommendations, resulting in high satisfaction from the customer with the service they received
- Ability to remain cool under pressure and successfully multi-task while developing rapport with customers is essential
- Must be resourceful and capable of using the Internet effectively, to research destinations
- Have a can do attitude, curiosity and a healthy competitiveness
- Adapt to an ever changing environment and being resilient
- Previous call center experience is preferred
- Ability to work flexible shifts including weekends is essential
The following are some of the requirements of the Work at Home Program. By applying for this position you are confirming and agreeing that your home will comply with the following. An additional list will be provided at time of interview.
ACCESS TO YOUR HOME/WORK SPACE: • You will provide the company or their representative’s access to your home to conduct an audit of your work space for WAH compliance standards through the year.
WORKPLACE ENVIRONMENT: • All electrical equipment is free of recognized hazards that would cause physical harm (frayed wires, bare conductors, loose wires, flexible wires running through walls, exposed wires to the ceiling). • Your home’s electrical system will permit the grounding of electrical equipment. Use 3 wire circuit analyzer provided to test all outlets that will be used for the home office.
WORK AREA: • Adequate room for a home office. You will need to provide specific details including size and location of room.
COMPUTER WORKSTATION: • The company will install high-speed internet access and land-based telephone access at your residence, through service providers that are approved by the company. • Internet service must be DSL or Cable (no wireless or satellite ISPs allowed), with at least 10 Mbps download and 1 Mbps upload speeds is required. Business class service preferred where available. • High speed internet and phone lines will be dedicated lines that will be used exclusively for business use, and will be separate from any personal phone/data services.
* The above job descriptions and listed requirements can often change based on current Employer need and new projects. Your assigned job counselor will provide you with the most up-to-date job information.
No Phone calls – All applications must be submitted using our pre-qualify form: http://myemploymentoptions.