Job Accommodation Network
Chat hours for Thursday, April 6th, 2017
10:00 AM EDT – 12:00PM EDT (only)
1:00 PM EDT – 4:00PM EDT (only)
JAN is an agency not an Employer. They are here to provide accommodation resources and answer questions.
They are –not– hiring today!
The Job Accommodation Network
The Job Accommodation Network (JAN) offers one-on-one guidance on workplace accommodations, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and related legislation, and self-employment and entrepreneurship options for people with disabilities.
Please note: We are an information and referral resource – we are not here as an employer and do –-not-– provide job placement services.
We provide services to:
- Individuals with disabilities
- Service providers
- Friends, family, coworkers
- Anyone else who has questions about workplace accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act
If you aren’t able to chat with us during this event, feel free to contact us via phone, email, or social networks.
What is the Job Accommodation Network (JAN)?
The Job Accommodation Network (JAN) is the leading source of free, expert, and confidential technical assistance on workplace accommodations, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and related legislation, and self-employment options for people with disabilities. Working toward practical solutions that benefit both employer and employee, JAN helps people with disabilities enhance their employability, and shows employers how to capitalize on the value and talent that people with disabilities add to the workplace.
Technical assistance is available over the phone, Skype, Email, online Chat, or through various social networking tools. JAN also offers training, research, and a comprehensive Website of practical educational materials including the Searchable Online Accommodation Resource.
Those who can benefit from JAN’s services include private employers, government agencies, and service providers, as well as people with disabilities and their families.
JAN is a service of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Disability Employment Policy (ODEP).
What does JAN do?
Specific JAN services provide customers with:
- Personalized consultation on workplace accommodation solutions
- Product information for technologies used as accommodations in the workplace
- Localized referrals to service organizations and government agencies throughout the U.S.
- On-site, online, and archived training
- Technical assistance on entrepreneurship for people with disabilities
- The most comprehensible Website available on practical job accommodations
- The latest evidenced based research on the cost of accommodation
- Accessibility reviews and technical assistance regarding online application systems
How can you contact us?
JAN Consultants can be reached M-F 9am-6pm ET by
- Phone – (800) 526-7234 (voice); (877) 781-9403 (TTY)
- Email – jan@AskJAN.org
- Skype – Janconsultants
- Text – (304) 216-8189
- Chat available online at http://AskJAN.org
Website: Access JAN’s Web and On-line Services 24 hours seven days a week
- JAN Website
- Searchable Online Accommodation Resource (SOAR)
- Training Portal, including JAN’s Just-in-Time multimedia library
- Resources for individuals
- Social Networks including:
**Employment Options’ Direct Clients only: Before applying for any positions from the job fair, first, contact your assigned job counselor directly. They will assist you in following the specific protocol for applying with these employer partners through the Ticket to Work program.