Commercial/Ag Lender – (MEO-592O) ***on-site
This position is responsible for developing and managing a diverse portfolio of commercial loans and/or agricultural loans. This position is responsible for portfolio management and administration in accordance with bank policies. Solicitation, management, and retention of banking relationships will be the primary job responsibility to generate interest income, deposit balances, and loan fee income.
KEY ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS
Reports to Vice President, President, or Market President
Works closely with customers and key stakeholders.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Grows revenue as by successfully prospecting for new business and retaining and expanding existing customer relationships.
- Approves loans within assigned limits, manages loan and portfolio credit quality, sources prospects and develops new customer relationships.
- Provides financial advice to customers and sells appropriate bank products and services to those prospects and clients.
- Identifies and successfully capitalizes on cross-sell opportunities and makes appropriate referrals.
- Participates with senior officers on larger loans and lines.
- Calls on potential or existing customers to develop new business and increase or retain existing business.
- Oversee handling of advances, payments and wire transfers.
- Negotiate credit terms and prepare credit analysis and repayment for approvals.
- Interview applicants to determine financial eligibility and feasibility of granting loans.
- Gathers personal information about clients and businesses to ensure that an informed decision is made regarding the creditworthiness or the borrower and the probability of repayment.
- Review submitted loan application file to analyze, interpret and evaluate financial information and loan documentation to assess borrower capacity, cash flows, character, collateral, and condition to honor his or her obligations.
- Work closely with loan collections staff to contact borrowers with delinquent loan accounts to help them find a method of repayment in order to avoid their defaulting on the loan.
- Operate in compliance with laws and regulations and adhere to lending compliance guidelines.
- Participates in civic and community activities to generate visibility for the bank.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Proven working experience in financial analyzing or lending.
- Strong financial skills and ability to develop and interpret financial statements applied to business accounting and finance principles are required.
- Familiarity with computers and banking applications/software.
- Solid understanding of direct/indirect lending products and practices.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a goal oriented environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics or related field
- Minimum 3-5 years lending experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Related work experience should consist of a financial analyzing or lending background.
Qualifications: experience in commercial credit, analysis and business development; knowledge of cash management products; knowledge of federal state laws and regulations relating to commercial banking; current driver’s license with appropriate insurance coverage.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the essential duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit and walk, use hands and fingers to handle or feel and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, and stoop. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and rarely lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the essential duties of this position, the employee is regularly exposed to a general office environment and interaction with customers.
*** The above job descriptions and listed requirements can often change based on current Employer need and new projects. Your assigned job counselor will provide you with the most up-to-date job information.
If you are a new applicant and not our current client, please fill out an application to start the process: Application