This is the entry level position of a two level career path. The incumbent is responsible for providing critical and accurate information on benefits, claims and/or policy administration. All work is carefully performed according to established protocols/procedures. As the first point of contact and a direct representation of this company, this position is responsible for the execution of exceptional customer satisfaction by acting in the best interest of the customer; ensuring information is accurate, applying empathy to those situations that require special care and concern. Customer issue resolution is a priority – issues should be resolved on the first call whenever possible.
This position will require incumbents to work from home, separate from the home office. On rare occasions, remote employees may be required to come to the office.
If employees live close to one of the home offices, they may be asked to come into the office during the training period.
This position requires the setup and use of multiple systems, applications, and administrative processes. While service is focused on our external customers, this position is responsible for creating detailed/appropriate documentation for our internal cross-functional business partners.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Respond to external customers inquiries with timely and accurate information
- Follow all documented processes/workflow to enhance customer service and reduce customer effort/operating efficiency
- Meet or exceed individual performance goals which contribute to the overall goals of the Contact Center
- Utilize resources and tools to accurately respond to customer inquiries
- Accurately navigate through specific system platforms
- Meet the expectations of the quality/productivity standards
- Share recommended process improvements to enhance customer service and/or efficiency
- Continuously acquire knowledge and understanding of the business functions that the role supports
- Ensure privacy of our customers remains the utmost importance
- High level of discipline to remain focused and adhere to a prescribed schedule while working from home
- Shifts may vary outside the standard 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. This position requires employees to be available to work a flexible schedule between the hours of 8:00am-8:00pm, Monday-Friday.
- May perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent, relevant business experience required
- Strong customer service orientation with demonstrated commitment to meet/exceed customer needs
- Strong verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, structured environment, handling large call volumes
- Ability to make sound business decisions, which balance customer satisfaction and financial integrity
- Strong computer proficiency essential
- Self-directed with the ability to perform both as part of team and individually
- Ability to adapt and work effectively in a continuously changing environment
- Solution oriented individual demonstrating critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to seek out developmental opportunities and continuously improve skills/performance
- Consistently demonstrate a high level of professionalism through a strong worth ethic that positively influences the work habits of the team
- Detail oriented with a focus on quality and consistently meeting goals
- Meets the standards for this position, as defined in the Talent Management framework
Requirements for remote workers:
- Must be located in East or Central Time Zone
- Must have access to a broadband cable internet service provider
- A separate, quiet dedicated work space must be established at a remote site for the purpose of performing work duties. This area must be maintained in a safe condition, free from all hazards
*** The above job descriptions and listed requirements can often change based on current Employer need and new projects. Your assigned job counselor will provide you with the most up-to-date job information.
If you are a new applicant and not our current client, please fill out an application to start the process: Application