Security Designer – (MEO-589R) ***on-site
This company is one of the largest engineering consulting firms in the U.S. specializing in high performing building systems, infrastructure, and construction-related services. The company’s strength is our willingness to collaborate and reach beyond the status quo, challenging ourselves to be thought leaders and innovators in the A/E/C industry. The team has pushed the envelope in infrastructure design and sustainability as demonstrated by our many “firsts” and award recognition’s.
Our Denver, CO office is seeking a Technology Security Designer to work with and support our niche Security Systems Team based out of Texas.
- Responsible for supervised design of security systems in detention and commercial buildings, with an interest in pursuing as a career
- Research catalogs and websites for commercially available equipment based on project needs and available technologies
- Verify the project meets scope and code requirements
- Maintain project design notebook and provide documentation for permanent record files
- Coordinate design and schedule with other disciplines whose services are requested
- Recognizes potential project problems quickly and seeks advice of the Project Manager
- Calculate dimensional requirements, costs, and time schedules budgeted for personnel involved and coordinate work on the project
- Conduct periodic job site observations and all other services as required by the contract services agreement
- Other duties as assigned by employer
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in the production of technical plans and drawings
- Knowledge and prediction of physical principals, laws, and their interrelationships, and applications to understand fluid, material, and atmospheric dynamics
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of buildings and structures
- Skill in the use of Microsoft Office programs, CAD and BIM programs(Revit)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- BS or Associates degree in related field;
- Previous years of experience may be considered in replace of degree;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience.
The company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, veteran’s status, disability, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
*** The above job descriptions and listed requirements can often change based on current Employer need and new projects. Your assigned job counselor will provide you with the most up-to-date job information.
If you are a new applicant and not our current client, please fill out an application to start the process: Application