Seeking a Structural Designer-Entry Level in either our Naperville or Chicago, IL offices
As a Structural Designer-Entry Level, you will be responsible for:
- Prepare specifications and verify that the design meets code requirements
- Analyze and design simple structures using computer software, spreadsheets, and hand calculations
- Calculate costs and time schedules for proposed work and monitor project design progress
- Maintain project design notebook and provide documentation for permanent record files
- Coordinate, design and schedule with other disciplines such as architectural, electrical, mechanical, clerical and equipment suppliers
- Document design decisions, meetings, and instructions from client while maintaining good client relations; review all project documents for accuracy, completeness, and suggest improvements prior to requesting a final check
- Prepare and issue addendum information and respond to contractor RFI’s
- Recognize potential project problems quickly and seek advice of the Project Manager
- Review design methods, procedures, changes in scope, and client correspondence with the Project Manager
- Conduct periodic job site observations and all other services as required by the contract services agreement.
Qualified candidates should possess the following skills, education, and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- Master’s degree in Structural Engineering a plus
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans and drawings
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair buildings and structures
- Skill in the use of Microsoft Office programs, CAD software and BIM
- Ability to clearly communicate in both oral and written communication to individuals or groups.
*** The above job descriptions and listed requirements can often change based on current Employer need and new projects. Your assigned job counselor will provide you with the most up-to-date job information.
If you are a new applicant and not our current client, please fill out an application to start the process: Application