Your Future. Built Smarter. This company is one of the largest design consulting firms in the U.S., is currently seeking a Structural Engineer in our Montana office. With a global footprint of 40 offices and a deep bench of nearly 1,200 team members, we know the technical skills of our people is our product and we strive to build long-lasting client relationships through our guiding principles, expertise, and collaborative project approach.
As a Structural Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Prepare specifications and verify that the design meets code requirements
- Analyze and design simple structures using computer software, spreadsheets, and hand calculations
- Calculate costs and time schedules for proposed work and monitor project design progress
- Maintain project design notebook and provide documentation for permanent record files
- Coordinate, design and schedule with other disciplines such as architectural, electrical, mechanical, clerical and equipment suppliers
- Document design decisions, meetings, and instructions from client while maintaining good client relations; review all project documents for accuracy, completeness, and suggest improvements prior to requesting a final check
- Prepare and issue addendum information and respond to contractor RFI’s
- Recognize potential project problems quickly and seek advice of the Project Manager
- Review design methods, procedures, changes in scope, and client correspondence with the Project Manager
- Conduct periodic job site observations and all other services as required by the contract services agreement.
Qualified candidates should possess the following skills, education, and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- Master’s degree in Structural Engineering a plus
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans and drawings
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair f buildings and structures
- Skill in the use of Microsoft Office programs, CAD software and BIM
- Ability to clearly communicate in both oral and written communication to individuals or groups
As an employee owned corporation, we are committed to investing in employees’ futures through structured programs including formal mentoring, opportunities for career advancement and professional development. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including generous PTO, flexible schedule, and assistance with tuition reimbursement. Additionally, employees are eligible to enroll in health, dental, vision, and life insurance on their first day of employment.
*** The above job descriptions and listed requirements can often change based on current Employer need and new projects. Your assigned job counselor will provide you with the most up-to-date job information.
If you are a new applicant and not our current client, please fill out an application to start the process: Application