Senior Accountant – (MEO-592Q) *** onsite
The Senior Accountant is responsible for providing analysis of financial information by researching analyzing and interpreting general ledger and cash accounts, customer financial records and statements. The Senior Accountant will direct the preparation and review of financial reports and tax returns, and directly interface with customers in assessing accounting and business services based on client information. The Sr. Accountant will ensure the accurate maintenance of records of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, or other financial activities for customers. Identifies new accounting, consulting, tax and business services for customers, and proposes solutions and helps sell and cross-sell with bank management.
KEY ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS
- Works with the Department Accounting Manager and reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Works closely with the team and assists in technical accounting training of the team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ensure the timely delivery of efficient and accurate services to individuals and businesses, including; tax services, payroll, accounting set up, financial statement preparation, and bill pay and tax preparation.
- Review and/or prepare accounting related entries to numerous registers, journals and logs and programs ensuring compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (“GAAP”).
- Support accounts payable activities to ensure accuracy and timeliness of invoice creation and entry.
- Review and/or prepare monthly bank settlements.
- Ensure the accurate preparation of detailed reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts.
- Provide detailed financial analyses and explanations of business transactions.
- Provide accounting records and other documentation for external auditors.
- Prepares consolidated internal management and external financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from departments.
- Maintains an automated consolidation system by ensuring proper data input and review of consolidated results.
- Analyzes information and options by developing detailed financial reports, and verifying information and recommends accounting, consulting or tax solutions for customers.
- Develops and implements accountings policies and procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes, and implementing proposed solutions.
- Responds timely to customers’ accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Provides detailed accounting support for mergers and acquisitions by reviewing financial information; converting data for general ledger systems; obtaining supplementary information for preparing financial statements, and providing guidance on implementing post merger accounting activities.
- Protects customers’ privacy and financial information and strategic value by keeping information confidential.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Chief Financial Officer, including at the bank holding company level.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Knowledge and application of GAAP.
- Keen attention to detail and ability to see the larger picture of customers’ businesses and identify added-value business and accounting services.
- Ability to identify, recommend and sell accounting, consulting and tax opportunities to help increase billings.
- Is sensitive to and maintains highest level of data security and customer information and confidentiality.
- Above average knowledge of and use of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint Office 365 applications
- Has “executive presence” and ability to convey complex financial information to customers. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong financial analysis skills using Excel and other automated data mining and research tools.
- Able to read, understand, interpret and communicate technical forms and financial reports.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field; at least 2-3 years of relevant experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- MBA or Masters in Accounting, and CPA designation (active license) strongly preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the essential duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit and walk, use hands and fingers to handle or feel and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, and stoop. The employee may frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and rarely lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the essential duties of this position, the employee is regularly exposed to a general office environment and interaction with customers.
The preceding position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
*** The above job descriptions and listed requirements can often change based on current Employer need and new projects. Your assigned job counselor will provide you with the most up-to-date job information.
If you are a new applicant and not our current client, please fill out an application to start the process: Application
To apply for this job please visit www.myemploymentoptions.com.