Mechanical Designer – (MEO-589E)***on-site
This company is one of the largest engineering consulting firms in the U.S. specializing in high-performing building systems, infrastructure, and construction-related services. Formed in 2015, through a merger of KJWW Engineering Consultants and TTG Engineers, this company’s strength is our willingness to collaborate and reach beyond the status quo, challenging ourselves to be thought leaders and innovators in the A/E/C industry. The team has pushed the envelope in infrastructure design and sustainability as demonstrated by our many “firsts” and award recognition.
About This Position:
Our office in San Antonio, TX is looking for a Mechanical Designer to focus on plumbing design on our team. Candidates must be comfortable with unsupervised plumbing design for Commercial, Healthcare, Education, and Government Buildings using Revit Software.
- Research catalogs and websites for commercially available equipment based on project needs and available technologies
- Verify the project meets scope and meets code requirements
- Document design decisions, meetings, and instructions from the client while maintaining good client relations
- Maintain project design notebook and provide documentation for permanent record files
- Coordinate design and schedule with other disciplines such as architectural, structural, electrical, technology, clerical and equipment suppliers
- Review all project documents for accuracy, completeness, and suggest improvements prior to requesting a final check
- Other duties as assigned by Employer
- 7+ years of experience designing MEP systems or contractor design-build markets
- Knowledge of Building, Plumbing, and Fire-protection codes in the state of Texas
- Revit Experience is required
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in the production of precision technical plans and drawings
Ability to clearly communicate in both written and oral form to individuals or groups.
*** The above job descriptions and listed requirements can often change based on current Employer need and new projects. Your assigned job counselor will provide you with the most up-to-date job information.
If you are a new applicant and not our current client, please fill out an application to start the process: Application